Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30, 2010

I can't believe tomorrow is the first day of May. It's been a pretty good week. We were introduced to Shakespeare this week in Language Arts. LLATL takes you through Much Ado About Nothing but we went to the library to check out retellings of Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo & Juliet, and one more whose title escapes me. We had a blast reading these books aloud. JW assigns voices to the many characters in these books. She wrote summaries of the books and a biography of William Shakespeare. I must say I see great improvement in her writing and that makes me very proud. I can attribute this improvement to the study of grammar and the IEW "Elegant Essays" lessons. I've purchased Wordsmith to continue building on her writing skills. This in combination with vocabulary study will make for a good high school writer (smiling). This has been one of my goals in the beginning of this journey - to improve JW's writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails