Friday, June 15, 2012

The State Convention




Last year I spent 3 days at the state homeschool convention as it was my first time attending my own state's convention.  This year I spent only 1 day and I took the kids. My mom tagged along as well curious to see what it was all about.  I got there at 7:30 am and by lunch time we were all tired.  The girls and I spent the first couple of hours volunteering in the Used Curriculum sale.  I didn't even have a chance to attend workshops as I was on a mission to get everything on my list before leaving for the day.




The girls were excited to find Focus on the Family Odyssey tapes & CDs.  I had to say yes because they worked so hard volunteering.  NuNu met new friends roaming around the hall.  She definitely isn't a shy girl.


The Convention didn't seem as well attended as the previous year but it was still a very nice showing.  Perhaps next year I can take my time and experience the entire conference and glean nuggets of wisdom from the conference speakers.


What else is happening around here?


My garden is growing!  It is the first time ever I've tried to grow vegetables.  I have yellow and green squash coming up and salad leaves. 







We are hit or miss with school work.  The younger girls are enjoying Spanish lessons with Homeschool Spanish Academy (a review coming soon).  NuNu started reading Little Women this weekI'm not sure if I want to use the Veritas Press literature guide for Little Women that I picked up at a curriculum sale. Maybe I should just let her read for fun then we can look at the movie.  Princess is still working through MFW WHL!  I have no idea what is taking soooo looong.  I guess its just a consequence of time not well managed.  Sigh..


When I was thinking about this post it seemed as though I had so much more to say but for the life of me I don't know what was on my mind before.  Well until next week check out what other homeschoolers did this week over at weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails