Thursday, April 14, 2011



Well we are almost at the end of our school year. We have about 3 more chapters in SOTW and we will be finished with History. There is one more lesson to complete in Wordly Wise and one more writing assignment in IEW SICC-A. DD13 is finished with Challenge A at the end of April and we will be finished right along with her. I didn't even plan it that way. We will continue to work in our Math curriculum throughout the summer.

Tomorrow is the MACHE curriculum fair. Hopefully I wont get sidetracked by bells and whistles but go straight to the MFW table to get my high school curriculum.

Speaking of next school year, I went through the lesson plans of MFW Explorers to 1850 (I'll be using this for DD11 & DD9) to organize each week by topic to include the materials I need for each week. I also included which IEW American History writing assignments correspond to each week's lesson. It's nice to see what the entire year will look like in one document and pull resources to reinforce concepts ahead of time. It's all in an effort to homeschool in a more organized intentional manner. I guess it seems a little redundant since this information is in the lesson book that comes with MFW but I have to flip through so many pages to look ahead at the coming weeks. The way I did it helps me to see the "big picture" and to pencil in other resources week by week. It's just the way my brain works :) Here is the first draft of that plan (this is the first page one covering the first few weeks:



Other highlights of our week:

DD9 - Getting her first debut in a musical drama production! Absolutely fabulous. This activity will be a keeper.




How was your week? Join the weekly wrap up by visiting the weird, unsocialized homeschoolers blog and sign up and see what other homeschooling families have been doing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails