Sunday, December 30, 2012

Welcome 2013


We have really enjoyed the Christmas holiday.  The Christmas movies, Christmas food, and holiday gift giving.  I made the best turkey I've ever had if I may say so myself.


 It is really hard to start thinking about the long Winter/Spring school year 2013.  I've planned several outside activities for the upcoming semester just to keep us all motivated.  I'm signing Princess up for art saturdays at the Museum of National Art and NuNu will be doing Science Saturdays at the local community college.  We also won 3 Landry Academy 2 day intensive workshops of our choice (more on that later).  I'll be scheduling those for March/April.  We really need to get out more.  I contemplated allowing Princess to go to public school for 2nd semester (gasp!) just so she could make some much needed social connections.  However, I've gotten advice from moms who've been there done that.  They advise to wait and start in the beginning of the school year especially if you want honors and/or AP classes.  I most definitely would want that so I'll have to wait until Princess can dual enroll at the community college to make these social connections.

2012 will all be over in about 30 hours or so and we will be welcoming 2013.  I'll be ready thanking God for seeing a new year and looking forward to all the new year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails