Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Museum of Fine Art

So it is my goal this year to get out of the house more.  We were slaves to the curriculum in the Fall because I just had so much I wanted to accomplish.  But January - May/June is a long semester and we just have to break up the monotony of the routine.  First I had the younger two join a musical drama club which puts on a production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat in March.  Ohhh.... fun.  They had to audition last week but I wasn't able to see as no parents were allowed in the audition room :0  They practiced with me so I did hear the audition at home.

Gift Shop
Second attempt to get out more included visiting the Art Museum yesterday.  We got a personal tour of the Indian & European art collections.  The program was titled Art 101.  I was expecting more, I'm not sure why I thought there would be a hands-on component.  I asked the girls if they thought the visit was a waste of time and I got a resounding "yes."  However they enjoyed being out and they enjoyed the gift shop. 

My only regret was not trying to find art pieces by Monet since we studied him a few weeks ago.  We were all tired and had a 2 year old in tote.  It all made for a rather exhausting day. 

Indian Art Sculptures




this sculpture weirded everyone out

Glass Sculpture

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails