Here is a snapshot of my day:
6:30 am - wake up in a panic because I set my alarm for 6 am but it didn't go off.
check on my high schooler who is already getting ready so I check my emails and double check bus times.
Today was the first time in 4 years she's ridden the school bus.
7 am - said goodbye as she rode off. (I felt a little emotional). For goodness sakes she is 16 but I still felt that way.
7:10 a - take the first birthday call from my mom. She is always the 1st to call.
- rouse the others
- get the "littles" up and dressed
- start oatmeal
8:30 - drive the "littles" to school, walk to classroom, chat with neighbors who are also there.
- back home to start day with homeschoolers
- prayer & scripture reading
- sit through new Videotext math program with pumpkin. Will review this product next month...stay tuned
- observe NuNu conduct her first science experiment with Apologia General Science
- teaching multiplication of mixed numbers and reducing using cross multiples with NuNu
- back n forth to bathroom with potty training 2.5 year old
- conversations with hubby about decisions we will be making soon.
10:55 am - off to pick up high schooler
spend about an hour at the school working out scheduling kinks with guidance counselor
12 pm - home for lunch and emails
- check NuNu's math
- pumpkin indicates that she is done with her work for the day. She is motivated to finish her school year early this year so she works ahead.
- put toddler down for nap
2:34 pm- take birthday phone call from my Dad. Seriously...I only hear from him on my birthday. Long story but glad to talk to him every year on this day.
- go to post office
- go to library to print out information (my printer is down)
- stop by the store to p/u milk and salad stuff. Run into a homeschool friend. Chat for 5 minutes...not noticing until 9 pm tonight that I actually left the milk on the shelf next to where we were chatting!
4 pm - walk to corner to get "littles" off of bus. Meet some new neighbors.
- fill out the mountain of forms that are sent home on the first day
- have a conversation with nutrition services ("littles" are suppose to get free lunch but they aren't on the list)
- ask Pumpkin to start dinner, I finish it.
- verify littliest of "littles" still has a spot at preschool since I haven't sent in deposit yet
-more birthday phone conversations
8:00 pm - family prayer time
- listen to my middle child rant about why I don't want her to bake a cake for my birthday.
9:00 pm - moment to myself
- realize I don't have enough milk for oatmeal in the morning.
Was a great day but a lot coming off of a week of vacation.