Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week 6, Saturday

I haven't blogged in a while. The routine is starting to settle in and I felt a lot of frustration this week. We still seem to move a little slow for my taste but I am not sure why I'm in a rush. I finally got a history curriculum from Abeka to add some structure to our history lessons. So far in black history we've learned about Sojourner Truth and Frederick Doulass. Of course this is of most interest to me, I suppose it has deeper meaning for me. I didn't know Douglass grew up on the eastern shore of Maryland which I've passed through on many occassions. And secondly, his final home is a historic landmark in SE Washington, DC. Without a doubt a homeschool field trip in the very near future.
The first field trip on our calendar is a day visit at Monticello next month. We haven't studied Thomas Jefferson as yet but I'm sure we will before the visit.

Well that is a wrap for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails