Friday, February 22, 2013

Flu season



There is no fun in being sick.  Tuesday two of my daughters and I were in bed all day.  My oldest daughter took care of us and the baby.  Wednesday all of us except for the baby were in bed or on the couch all day while my husband stayed home from work to take care of us.  A visit to the doctor revealed that two of us tested positive for strep throat and the flu.  We are all on antibiotics and tamiflu as we all have the same symptoms.

Thursday my husband comes home from work and barely makes it up to the bedroom.  He said it hit him like a ton of bricks when he left work and the 2 hour commute home almost did him in.  It has been a miserable week to say the least.  One bright light to my day was having the lady in front of me in the grocery line give me her BOGO free strawberries just because the kids looked as if they would enjoy them.  God bless that woman for her small act of kindness!  It wasn’t even about the strawberries as much as it was about her thoughtfulness.  She has no idea what kind of week I’ve had but she really did make my day.

Needless to say no school happened this week.  Because I am on the upside of healing I managed to crank out a study guide for my daughter’s science test and we finished the video for a poetry curriculum I am reviewing.  I am looking forward to next week being completely different – better.




 Head over to weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers to see what other moms were up to this week.



3 comments:

  1. Oh man!! I hope you guys feel better quickly!! Stopping by from the Weekly Wrap-Up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we did this a few weeks ago...it was very bad. I hope everyone gets to feeling better and that you all get lots of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer! So sorry to hear about all the sickness. BTDT!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails