Thursday, June 20, 2013

Art Enthusiasm pt 1

I am excited about many things these days.  I am excited that my kids have opportunities that I could only dream about.  Princess has been interested in visual art ever since she won a 6th grade art contest when she was in public school.

When the kids show interest in a particular subject be it drama, cake decorating, or sewing, I do my best to find outlets for them to explore these interests more deeply.

Princess is currently in a art intensive at a college in our state.  They are keeping her busy from sun up to sun down.  This is my kid who could sleep til noon and do all her work until the wee hours of the morning.  I'm glad this program is forcing her to work during "normal" hours.  Nonetheless, she is learning a great deal.  They incorporate technology and social media in their studio time so she is learning a lot about using the iPad to create art. There are 29 talented kids in this program for Visual Art, Creative Writing, and Theatre.
Stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for more about Princess' experience there and the program in general.  In the meantime, here is some of her work from the last 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails