Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 4

JW says I'm a good teacher with all my worksheets and stuff. I think its more that I'm an overachiever and want to make sure she gets better than what she's been getting. It feels like a 9-5 job because I'm constantly researching, planning, reading, preparing. I'm sure it won't be as intense when I get my flow going. I didn't have a lot of time to prepare for this either. It just kind of snuck up on me. Is snuck a word?? But there is something to be said about jumping in the deep end of the pool and going for it. I'm putting in the long hours now. By the time I'm ready to start 8th grade (did I really just "say" 8th grade)? I will probably have the first 6 months all planned out.

I took an afternoon sub position today so I have a lot of independent work lined up for JW for the afternoon. This will give me a chance to see if she can stay on track and how she retains information she has to do on her own. To this point we've been reading lessons together and discussing. This approach will be a little different. She has a story map to do on "Second Cousins;" a science lesson to begin in LifePac 3 of Alpha Omega; notes to write from the Animal Classification lesson from yesterday; a computer assignment; and a worksheet on the 13 colonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails