Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just Beginning . . .

I've done homeschool research over 3 years ago but we always made a different decision for JW - private school to public school then a different private school etc. So when Jasmine got into the car after school last week fed up with the watered down academics she was receiving, I knew we had to change things.

Since last Wednesday I've been up 'til after midnight researching Virginia laws, attending a homeschooling seminar in Richmond and making the decision to start homeschooling JW starting Monday. I'm scared and excited all at the same time. I believe the last 3 years have been leading to this point. I'm excited about all the many opportunities that are now open to us - extracurricular activities, field trips, etc. Living in the state of Virginia alone makes US History come alive- Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown, & Washington, DC! I can't wait to take our lessons on the road.

Younger sister is already wondering why JW is the only one being homeschooled because she is bored as well. Do you see where this may be headed?? I'm just open to whatever God wants to do.

I haven't shared this with anyone as I want to stay focused on our goals without having to explain to others what I'm doing. This blog will serve as a place for those closest to my family to keep up with our journey.

Keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails