Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 3, Day 2

Well Classical Conversations was a real treat today.
JW was into every lesson. First the pre-algebra lessons were introduced, JW was able to solve problems along with the other students; second, was the Latin lesson - absolutely intriguing; lastly, rhetoric and history. Students presented reports on Asian countries for history - Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, and China. Rhetoric consisted of each student reading aloud their paper comparing/contrasting the characters of Narnia to the "characters" in Genesis. All of this took place from 8:30 am 'till noon. I had to leave to see what the younger kids did in their session leaving JW to observe the lesson from 1 - 3 pm.
I finished filling out the application to participate next year during the lunch hour, that's how convinced I was that this group will be a great supplement to our homeschool next year. I am looking forward to learning as well. It's amazing for me to revisit the fundamentals I've been taught. All the disconnected pieces of information retained over the years began to connect and come to life.

This is truly a journey with so many twists and turns and exciting things around each corner. I really see how this is changing me, eventhough I was being prepared all the while. Hindsight is 20/20. Even my temperment is changing. I find myself being more patient with the children, eager to listen to all of their stories and details, loving and hugging them more. My motivation for what I do is shifting from doing things b/c they have to be done to doing things b/c I want to do them, it is a joy.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to read that your heart is a work in progress. I am sure that the affirmations you recieve in your daily life make your heart smile. I too am so gratefull to have to opportunity to hs my children. What a calling by God and what a fun, exciting journey. I get excited because I am learning so much as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails