Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday, January 11, 2010
Well today was Day 1 and I'm exhausted. A lot of the homeschooling books say don't rush in feeling like you need to recreate traditional school at home but that's easier said than done. Jasmine expects a tight structure so I feel the need to live up to that expectation.
Summary of our day:
9:15 - 9:45 am - We did a half of an hour walking the mall for PE this morning waiting for the library to open.
10 - 11:20 am - Learning the layout of the regional library, checking out our literature books and black history bio books.
12- 12:30 Lunch
12:30 - 2:45 - working math problems from her Saxon assessment test. I have no idea why this took so long. I had her rework problems she got wrong but knew she understood. I explained some concepts she didn't have down (order of operations, multiplying/dividing fractions, decimal placement when dividing and calculating percentages).

I left her to read for an hour one of our literary picks while I left to pick up the younger kids from school. She finished the entire book in two hours! We will do a story map of the book tomorrow for language arts and discuss. I think this wasn't too bad for our first day.
I meant to post a picture of our first day but just didn't get around to it. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails